With COVID-19 sweeping nonstop across the world, companies have shifted their employees to a more remote work set-up to keep the economy afloat and their businesses going. A huge investment in automation has been placed by every company, both large and small businesses, to help workers keep up with their tasks.
For workers, remote work is ideal because they can earn at home, and spend more time with their loved ones. Others may take time to get used to it, but mostly everyone welcomes its availability. For companies, having this option reassures them that they can continue their businesses without problems. However, this also means investing heavily on technology to keep everyone connected and automating the tasks that cannot be done remotely.
Once the pandemic is over, there are thoughts on whether remote work set-up will stay or not. According to experts, it will certainly stay, but the standard office…
View original post 545 more words
The idea of doing the right thing and following the rules
Att ständigt få ryggdunkar glada hejarop! bra jobbat härliga gjort du är bäst osv! ja det glädjer mig oerhört! men jag kommer ingen stans med det jag stampar kvar där på min samma plats! den snälle den arbetsamme den som man alltid kan lite på! jag följer regler och lagar och gör det som ska göras! Men det värker i hjärtat när man ständigt ser sig bli överkörd utnyttjad och på annat sätt få fördelar av att tänja på regler ta genvägar och så vidare! varför ska man bli straffad för att man spelar efter livets regler! och inte bara tar enklaste vägen, och inte är den som hörs och syns mest! det svider när det är alltid den som inte är så nogräknad vinner! ja livet är inte rättvist, men jag har i alla fall ett hjärta som säger att jag gör rätt när jag foljer regler och visar…
View original post 85 more words
Method: 1 Cut pomegranates. Gently pull seeds away from the white centers.
2. Place all seeds in a glass container
3. Pour the alcohol over the seeds. Close the lid. Let it age for two weeks in a cool dark place.
4. After 2 weeks, heat the water with the sugar . Disolve very well
5. Strain through fine wire mesh and discard all the seeds.
6. Pour the cold syrup into the liqueur and mix with a spoon
7. Tranfer in a clean glass bottle.
It is ready to be served alone or added to cocktails such 1 to 1 with vodka or 1 to 1 with sparkling wine and cinnamon syrup. With tequila and cranberry juice. You can added it in a glass of warm red and spiced sangria (mulled wine) to accompany roasted chestnuts. The possibilities for use are endless. Enjoy!
In these times, not much is needed to cheer up or cheer up, there are many who need a little light in the dark, there are many who fight for their lives and their health their jobs and finances what we experience is a very tough time as none of i have seen before
Give your loved ones a compliment. A picture can give joy and light in the dark remind your friends that you are there, let your loved ones know how you feel, the silence can be nice and pleasant but in these times your relatives and friends will be happy if they hear signs of life from you
I dessa tider så behövs inte så mycket för att pigga upp eller piggas upp, det är många som behöver lite ljus i mörkret, det är många som kämpar för sina liv och sin hälsa sina jobb och ekonomi det vi upplever är en väldigt tuff tid som ingen av i har skådat förut
Ge din nära och dina kära en komplimang. En bild kan ge glädje och ljus i mörkret påminn dina vänner att du finnes där, låt dina nära och kära veta hur du mår, tystnaden kan vara skön och behaglig men i dessa tider blir dina anhöriga och vänner glada om dom hör livstecken från dig
Framtidstron är viktig och att vi måste fortsätta att leva och le respektera andras ohälsa och ledsamhet att vara öppna för att hjälpa och ta i mot hjälp ensam är inte alltid stark detta måsta vi lösa tillsammans.
När det kommer…
View original post 91 more words
Discover the tastiest italian iced “crema di caffe’ freddo as it is prepared in Italians bars and your coffee willl never be the same again.
A creamy and fluffy alternative to traditional coffee. Crema di caffe’ is an icy mixture of espresso and whipping cream served in small transparent glasses. Enjoy!
Spread the inside surface of the glass with Nutella before pouring the cream.
- 150 ml espresso coffee
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp Nutella (optional)
1. Prepare an espresso.
Dissolve the sugar in the espresso . At this point if you desire you can add 1 tbs of Nutella. Mix to dissolve
2. In a deep mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream (300ml) until soft peaks form.
3. Add the espresso coffee
4. Whip again 1 min until homogeneous
4. Pour the mixture into a plastic container…
View original post 64 more words
- After the establishment of Christianity as the official religion of the Roman Empire- – which also included Greece – by Constantine the Great, (Constantine was the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity ) he was the first to offer as gifts to his officials, the so-called “palatine bread”, today’s butter cookies and sweet bread (tsoureki). The shape of these Easter cookies and breads varies depending on local traditions.The best known is the braid. Braids and knots come from pagan times, as symbols of the removal of evil spirits.
- So one of the ancient culinary Easter traditions in Greece is the butter cookies called “koulourakia” (kuluràkia). During Holy Week they are found in abundance in Greek bakeries and home kitchens. The dough is mainly made of butter and must be of excellent quality. Low quality butter will give horrible results without consistency, flavor and aroma. For this reason, every home…
View original post 317 more words
Portobello stuffed mushrooms with 3 different cheeses. When rich and fresh ricotta pairs well with earthy mushrooms in a timeless hot appetizer. Stuffed mushrooms with spinach/fresh ricotta mixture, savory cheddar bottom, freshly grated parmesan on top. Eat it hot!
Ingredients: 5 handfuls mushrooms – 80 gr ricotta cheese – 5 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese – 50 gr cheddar cheese – handful of spinach -1 garlic clove – olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Remove the stalks (they come out easily) and cut them into pieces
- Heat a pan with olive oil, when hot add garlic & stalks. Sauté the chopped mushroom stems for about 5 min, then add a handful of spinach & salt. Cook for 3-4 min stirring often. Turn off the heat .
- Add ricotta to spinach & stir to combine
- Brush the mushroom caps with oil, salt (and pepper if you desire)
- Place pieces…
View original post 39 more words
hard to resist – too much for me but recommend to others.
Karidopita. A mouthwatering , dark, spice scented walnut pie. Widespread throughout Greece, it is one of the oldest and most traditional Greek desserts. Scented with cinnamon and gloves, almost always served with a ball of ice cream, it has a flavor that is not easily forgotten.
The recipe varies slightly from one region to another, so it can be found with some small variations such as adding rum or cognac in the dough.
For the syrup
- 800 g granulated sugar
- 800 g water
- 1 stick cinnamon
For the walnut pie
- 250 g butter, at room temperature
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 360 g hard flour
- 4 eggs
- 250 g walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 120 g milk
- Butter, for the pan
- All-purpose flour, for the pan
- In a pot add the sugar, the water and…
View original post 230 more words
Early this morning, the Ministry of Health and Wellness informed us that two more communities in the eastern parish of St. Thomas have been placed under quarantine: one is the rather pleasant rural area of Albion, on the way to Yallahs. There is a gated community there, called Albion Estate. The other community is Seaforth, where there is a high school and quite a busy community. Please see the Ministry’s release below:
More St. Thomas communities under quarantine
KINGSTON, Jamaica. Thursday, August 20, 2020. With the continued increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in St. Thomas, the decision has been taken to put additional communities within the parish under quarantine.
The communities are Albion and Seaforth that have seen 13 cases over the last three weeks. Many of the cases are symptomatic, which is a cause for concern and suggests that there may be ongoing transmission in the…
View original post 540 more words