Scientists from the University of Pennsylvania recently found that a subset of viral products once thought to serve no biological purpose in humans could provoke a strong immune defense against respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).Nearly all people are exposed to RSV before they turn 2 years old. The majority of these people appear to have the common cold symptoms of coughing, a runny nose, sneezing and a fever. Some very young infants as well as some older adults can have serious reactions to RSV, even needing hospitalization.
- Pentagon says 6 peacekeepers were injured in Sinai (Thursday)
- Egypt refers Islamist cleric Qaradawi, dozens others to military trial. (Saturday)
- Egyptian court releases full ruling in Al-Jazeera case. (Sunday)
- EGAS: Investment in Eni mega gas field in Egypt to reach $7 billion
- Egypt’s stock market climbs on Eni’s ‘supergiant’ gas discovery
- Egypt starts to dig on Gaza border to stop smuggling tunnels
- Egypt’s muezzin has been suspended over “Facebook prayer call”
- El-Sisi discusses anti-terrorism and investment in Singapore
- Saudi Arabia and Egypt to cooperate in peaceful use of nuclear energy
- Suicide bombing attempt was ‘thwarted’ in North Sinai
- Egyptian state continues to squabble with foreign media
- Five publishing houses affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood have been seized by the Egyptian government
- Lawyers confirm referral of Rabea dispersal case to court
- El-Sisi visits China in Asia tour arrived in China for a three-day…
View original post 656 more words
The nights are drawing in.
Autumn begins to harvest the land of leaves and green, as Winter waits in the wings…
The culture of the West, and its reliance on centralized government, has lost its way regarding Nature, seeing her only as a resource!
The madness of the policy of continued economic growth amid finite energy sources…and all to create more and more wealth for a very few, including themselves.
It is incredible to think that gardening and growing food, as we know it today, has only been operative since World War One and the use of chemicals on the land.
Rarely is Nature now regarded as sacred, valuable in itself and in any way seriously considered.
This has happened in less than three generations.
View original post 207 more words
Technique developed by comparing gene activity from healthy 65-year-olds with youngsters could also be used for other age-related conditions
A test that can track how well a person is ageing could help doctors identify patients who are most at risk of dementia and other age-related conditions.
Those picked out as ageing fast could be referred onto clinical trials for treatments that try to prevent neurodegenerative diseases or slow the ageing process itself.
President Barack Obama restored the Athabascan name, Denali, to the highest peak in North America [last] Sunday. The name, which means “High One” or “Great One,” replaces that of former President William McKinley, who never even saw the place. But what…
BREAKING: Our attorneys have formally asked the U.S. Supreme Court to take on Texas HB2—a clinic shutdown law that would close over 75% of the state’s abortion clinics. This law is a sham: politicians want you to believe laws like HB2 improve women’s health care, but the truth is, they don’t. Instead, they create red tape, close clinics, and cut off access to safe, legal, abortion.
The most meaningful way you can help us put an end to clinic shutdown laws once and for all is to ensure we have the resources we need to win. Give a gift today.
It’s time to stop the sham. Texas, bring it on.