Handwriting has many benefits, including:
- Retaining knowledge: Writing notes by hand helps you retain knowledge more than typing it on your computer or tablet.
- Developing fine motor skills: Handwriting requires the development of complex cognitive processes and fine motor skills.
- Fostering cognitive development: It’s scientifically proven that children who practice handwriting end to gain higher levels of literacy and cognitive development.
- Improving creativity: Writing and drawing by hand are excellent ways to improve creativity as we use both sides of the brain together, increasing the connections between them, thus enabling a better generation of ideas.
- Developing mindfulness and fighting stress: Practicing handwriting or calligraphy helps in relaxing and developing a mindful attitude.