On August 1, India took over the Presidency of the UN Security Council .It was set to host signature events in three major areas of maritime security, peacekeeping, and counterterrorism during the month.
PM Modi has outlined a five-point framework for maritime security debate at UNSC during this month.
- Maritime security is one of the latest buzzwords of international relations.
- Major actors in maritime policy, ocean governance and international security have in the past decade started to include maritime security in their mandate or reframed their work in such terms.
- Core dimensions of maritime security involves the concept of blue economy, food security and the resilience of coastal populations.
- A secure maritime environment provides the precondition for managing marine resources.
Threats to maritime security
Need for an agenda
- In today’s economy, the oceans have an increased importance, allowing all countries to participate…
View original post 893 more words