The United States of America is, by definition, a democratic republic. It is also, by definition, a secular nation. A secular nation, not one ruled by religious dogma, but by laws that are just and that benefit all citizens. This nation is not a theocracy! Please allow me to define these terms for you:
- Secular – not subject to or bound by religious rule.
- Democratic Republic – A democratic republic is a form of government operating on principles adopted from a republic and a democracy.
- Republic – A state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives.
- Democracy – A system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.
- Theocracy – a form of government in which a deity of some type is recognized as the supreme ruling authority, giving divine guidance to human intermediaries…
View original post 963 more words