We started Nourish one year ago with our favorite pizza recipe and have now come full-circle. The original calzoni from Italy were oven-baked folded-over individual pizzas made to be eaten on the go. We keep our version simple with classic marinara sauce and shredded cheese in the middle, although you can fill yours with any other toppings you typically enjoy on pizza.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet with canola spray.
- Get out a large bowl and a medium saucepan.
STEP TWO – Make the Dough
1 packet dry active yeast
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
⅔ cup warm water
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In the large bowl, combine the yeast, flour, salt, and sugar.
- Add the water and oil and mix until the ingredients form a ball…
View original post 347 more words