This homemade alternative to the popular Chinese takeout appetizer is simple and satisfying. Our egg rolls are baked instead of fried, resulting in light and crispy vegetable-filled goodness. Sweet and sour sauce for dipping is a must.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Get out a large frying pan, a small bowl, and a serving platter.
- Get out a medium saucepan and another small bowl.
STEP TWO – Make the Filling
1 tablespoon canola oil
¼ medium peeled and minced onion
4 minced green onions
1 tablespoon minced garlic
¼ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
3 medium peeled and grated carrots
1 medium green cabbage head finely sliced with the outer leaves removed
2 teaspoons cornstarch
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- In the large frying pan, heat the canola oil over…
View original post 281 more words