Russia Rejects Some Flight Plans, as Belarus Grows More Isolated – The New York Times

Protonmail, a Swiss email provider whose service the Belarusian authorities said was used in sending the bomb threat, on Thursday countered Mr. Lukashenko’s version. The email in question, the company said, was sent after the plane had already been diverted by Belarusian air traffic controllers to Minsk.

The revelation backed up the widely held view that the claim of a bomb threat was a ruse to capture Mr. Protasevich, who had been living in exile since 2019.

“We can confirm that the message in question was sent after the plane was redirected,” Protonmail said in a statement. “We have not seen credible evidence that the Belarusian claims are true, and we will support European authorities in their investigations upon receiving a legal request.”