Every Saturday evening, our family sits down together to savor this delicious Asian dish. Even the one meat-eater enjoys the crispy marinated tofu served over fluffy jasmine rice and drizzled with an addictive sesame sauce that there never seems to be enough of.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Get out a cast iron skillet, a shallow rectangular dish, a large frying pan, and a medium bowl.
- Get out a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Get out a small bowl and a small saucepan.
- Get out a small pot anda colander.
STEP TWO – Make the Tofu
1 16-ounce block extra-firm tofu
4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Slice the tofu in half horizontally, wrap in paper towels, and place a cast iron skillet on top for 10…
View original post 321 more words