He ended up getting pneumonia in both lungs. After staying in the hospital for four days, he returned home with an oxygen tank that he now has to carry everywhere.
Thankfully my mother now has an appointment with Kaiser Permanente for March 11 to get her first dose of the vaccine.
But my father still has to wait to get his because he is on medication and using that oxygen tank 24 hours a day. We are not sure when he will stop using the tank, and we are not sure when he will be able to receive his first dose of the vaccine. I hope he is able to receive his first dose soon so he does not get the virus again, because we don’t know if his body is strong enough for a second infection.