This creamy and zesty pie, the official state pie of Florida, is simple, satisfying, and the perfect remedy for winter blues. It can be baked or unbaked, have a graham cracker or pastry crust, and topped with meringue or whipped cream but it consistently contains key lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, and egg yolks. We love our scaled-down version, which is on the lighter side.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Get out a glass measuring cup, a stand mixer, and a food processor.
- Get out a 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Set up a cooling rack.
STEP TWO – Make the Crust
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 ¼ cups crushed graham crackers
¼ cup white sugar
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In the glass measuring cup, microwave the butter for 45 seconds.
- In the food processor, blend the graham crackers, sugar, and salt until combined.
View original post 245 more words