We are former national security officials who served during the administrations of Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and/or Donald Trump, or as Republican Members of Congress. We are profoundly concerned about the course of our nation under the leadership of Donald Trump. Through his actions and his rhetoric, Trump has demonstrated that he lacks the character and competence to lead this nation and has engaged in corrupt behavior that renders him unfit to serve as President.
For the following reasons, we have concluded that Donald Trump has failed our country and that Vice President Joe Biden should be elected the next President of the United States.
- Donald Trump has gravely damaged America’s role as a world leader.
- Donald Trump has shown that he is unfit to lead during a national crisis.
- Donald Trump has solicited foreign influence and undermined confidence in our presidential elections.
- Donald Trump has aligned himself with dictators and failed to stand up for American values.
- Donald Trump has disparaged our armed forces, intelligence agencies, and diplomats.
- Donald Trump has undermined the rule of law.
- Donald Trump has dishonored the office of the presidency.
- Donald Trump has divided our nation and preached a dark and pessimistic view of America.
- Donald Trump has attacked and vilified immigrants to our country.
- Donald Trump has imperiled America’s security by mismanaging his national security team.
While some of us hold policy positions that differ from those of Joe Biden and his party, the time to debate those policy differences will come later. For now, it is imperative that we stop Trump’s assault on our nation’s values and institutions and reinstate the moral foundations of our democracy.
To that end, we are firmly convinced that it is in the best interest of our nation that Vice President Joe Biden be elected as the next President of the United States, and we will vote for him.