The Betts House in Cincinnati, Ohio

The Betts House

The Betts House is a humble farmhouse built in 1804, which predates the incorporation of the City of Cincinnati. It was built using bricks, which were made at the site and was originally part of a prosperous farm spread across over 100 acres. It’s now the anchor of the Betts-Longworth Historic District, and a house museum devoted to telling the story of its inhabitants and the development of the city around it.

The Betts House is now situated within the Betts-Longworth Historic District, recognized on the National Register of Historic Places for its Federal, Italianate, Queen Anne, and Greek Revival architecture.