US set to announce its rejection of Palestinians’ right of return

US to support occupation and stealing land.

PNN/ Bethlehem/

Israeli media reports on Sunday said that the US is set to announce its rejection of the Palestinian refugees’ right of return to Palestine.

According to Israel’s Hadashot News on Saturday, the Trump administration will make the announcement over the next few days, in which it will claim that only around one million Palestinians are eligible for refugee status.

The claim will contradict UN statistics which classify over five million Palestinians as refugees.

Earlier this month, the American magazine Foreign Policy obtained emails written by Jared Kushner, Trump’s senior adviser and son-in-law, to senior US officials in which he pressured Jordan to remove the refugee status of millions of Palestinians in a bid to disrupt UNRWA’s work.

Washington has on multiple occasions voiced opposition over treating the descendants of Palestinian refugees as refugees themselves.

In January, the US government announced that it would withhold $65 million of a $125 million aid installment to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA).

On Friday, the United States also canceled over $200 million in funds for the Palestinian Authority, who in turn described the cuts as political blackmail.

According to the definition of UNRWA, Palestine refugees are defined as “persons whose normal place of residence was Palestine during the period 1 June 1946 to 15 May 1948, and who lost both home and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 conflict.” When the Agency began operations in 1950, it was responding to the needs of about 750,000 Palestine refugees. Today, some 5 million Palestine refugees are eligible for UNRWA services.

 

Pope Francis failed to act on US abuse claims, says former Vatican envoy

As he points a right-wing finger, three point back at him – He and his kind initiated perpetrated hundreds of years of coverups of many church crimes. Counting on press to broadcast his lies without checking facts first?

3000.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=forma

Retired diplomat urges pope to resign over allegations against former archbishop

A retired Vatican diplomat has called on Pope Francis to resign, claiming he was aware of abuse allegations against a prominent figure in the church hierarchy from 2013 but failed to take action.

There was a “conspiracy of silence not so dissimilar from the one that prevails in the mafia”, said Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, 77, a former Vatican ambassador to the US.

Continue reading…

Archbishop Claims Pope Francis Long Knew of U.S. Cardinal’s Abuses – The New York Times {Nothing more vile than accusations from the right-wing of the church that hid most of the crimes for hundreds of years!}

Carlo Maria Viganò, formerly the Vatican’s top diplomat in the United States, charges that Francis was complicit in covering up abuses by Cardinal Theodore McCarrick.