Trump threatens government shutdown in September if he don’t get his way on funding for the US/Mexico Border Wall

You have to wonder why people choose to continue to believe his lies! Trump threatens government shutdown in September if he don’t get his way on funding for the US/Mexico Border Wall:

justinspoliticalcorner:

Reuters:

WASHINGTON, Michigan (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald on Saturday threatened to shut down the federal government in September if Congress did not provide more funding to build a wall on the border with Mexico.

“That wall has started, we have 1.6 billion (dollars),” Trump said at a campaign rally in Washington, Michigan.

“We come up again on September 28th and if we don’t get border security we will have no choice, we will close down the country because we need border security.”

Trump made a similar threat in March to push for changes in immigration law that he says would prevent criminals from entering the country. The government briefly shut down in January over immigration.

A $1.3 trillion spending bill, which Trump signed last month, will keep the government funded through the end of September. A government shutdown ahead of the November mid-elections is unlikely to be supported by his fellow Republicans who are keen to keep control of the U.S. Congress.

Trump cited the hundreds of Central American migrants traveling in a “caravan” as one of the reasons for strong border security.

“Watch the caravan, watch how sad and terrible it is, including for those people and the crime that they inflict on themselves and that others inflict on them,” said Trump.

“It’s a horrible dangerous journey for them and they come up because they know once they can get here they can walk right into our country.”

Migrants, who include women and children, have said they fled their homes in Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras because of death threats from gangs, the murder of family members or political persecution.

Secession Is Still Popular

My Sunday is going good…hoping for lots of sunshine and garden stuff to do…..

Back in the 1860’s the first Southern state to secede from the union was South Carolina and immediately decided to fire upon a Union fort…..even though the Civil War is over some state tactics never die……

South Carolina wants to have the option of seceding from the US—again—if it feels the government does anything that goes against the Second Amendment. The Hill reports three Republican legislators in South Carolina introduced a bill Thursday that would let the state debate secession specifically “if the federal government confiscates legally purchased firearms.” It is extremely unlikely the bill passes out of the House by the April 10 deadline, according to the AP.

Rep. Mike Pitts says the bill is meant to draw attention to gun rights. “I see a lot of stuff where people even talk about totally repealing the Second Amendment, which separates us from the entire rest of the world,” he says. In 1860, South Carolina became the first state to secede ahead of the Civil War.

A silly pile of redneck manure……some states must do anything they can to get attention even when they know they have NO intention of doing anything like secession.  State legislatures are no longer working for the people of said state instead they spend all their time passing laws that do NOTHING to improve the loves of the citizens…..this is a prime example of the stupidity of these bodies.

If one has any idea about the Constitutional process then one will realize just how moronic this piece of manure really is……ever notice the people that hold the Constitution up at every turn have very little knowledge how it works…..

chuq is out for now……thanx for your visits and comments……enjoy your time and your day.

Russian troll factory hiring for new anti-U.S. operation; biggest danger is not to America | Trudy Rubin

ST. PETERSBURG, Russia  — The four-story building at 55 Savushkina St. that housed the infamous Russian internet “troll factory” that meddled in America’s 2016 election now appears empty. I saw a huge “For Rent” sign in one of its large windows facing the street.

The main trolling operation has moved to an impersonal seven-story glass office building in the distant Lakhta business district. I couldn’t enter the building due to tight security. (Journalists seen taking pictures have been grabbed and harassed.) The city’s leading business daily Delovoy Peterburg reported late last year that the operation’s workspace has tripled.

Yet, little known to Americans, this fake news factory, whose organizers and some staff were indicted by special counsel Robert Mueller for interfering with  the U.S. political system, was not initially intended to wage information warfare on America.


Camera icon


Trudy Rubin / Staff

The infamous “troll factory” has moved to much larger quarters in St. Petersburg’s Lakhta business center.

Instead, its original purpose, starting in 2014, seems to have been to shape the thinking of ordinary Russians by viciously attacking domestic opposition activists and fueling public hostility toward Ukraine – and the United States.

>> READ MORE: Report from Moscow: After missile strike, will Trump or Putin be seen as the winner?

The domestic propaganda barrage continues out of the troll factory’s new digs, which include a massive online media conglomerate that intertwines news with Kremlin propaganda. “A tricky mix of normal reporting and hate speech,” one Russian journalist calls it. RBC magazine wrote in March 2017 that this “media factory” now reaches an audience that exceeds 50 million Russians a month.

 In May, this “media factory” will launch a new “information agency” called “USA Really. Wake Up Americans.” It has already put out an announcement that  it “will  focus on promoting information and problems that are hushed up by major American publications controlled by the U.S. political elite.” The agency is inviting “English-speaking journalists and authors to work on the project “ and send their CVs.

Now that its secret internet project has been exposed,  the  troll factory will apparently focus more on open information warfare. Kremlin propaganda mills masquerading as  news agencies will try to insert anti-American propaganda into U.S. – and Russian – media.

Given the rising tensions between Moscow and Washington, I think the domestic trolling operation holds more potential threat to America – than any (over-hyped) efforts to subvert U.S. democracy. It promotes Kremlin efforts to convince Russians that the United States wants to destroy their country and start WWIII (enhancing similar messages on state-controlled TV).

Since at least 2014, this trolling operation has been posting grotesque fabrications to foster Russian support for the Kremlin’s invasion of eastern Ukraine — and to whip up hostile feelings toward America. The information operation is funded by a Putin-friendly oligarch, Yevgeny Prigozhin, who just also happens to control a mercenary outfit known as Wagner that has contract troops in Ukraine and Syria.

To find out how the trolling worked, I talked to brave Russian journalists and undercover activists in Moscow and St. Petersburg who have been reporting on the fake news factory since long before Americans ever heard of Russian trolls.

>> READ MORE: Report from Moscow: Russian TV news exacerbates disconnect between Putin and the U.S. 

Vitaly Bespalov, a 27-year-old freelance journalist with long blond hair and a tattoo of Russian opposition politician Ksenia Sobchak on one arm, came to St.Petersburg in 2014 to try to find work.  He answered an ad for a “content manager” at 55 Savushkina St. and was offered a salary about a third higher than a normal starting job in Russia. It was not long after Russia invaded eastern Ukraine and he was told he would be working for a department called Ukraine II.

Bespalov had to pull  20 news stories about Ukraine daily from the internet and rewrite them to fit the Russian propaganda version. Ukrainians resisting the Russian invasion were “terrorists” and Russia-backed separatists were “volunteers.”

When a Ukrainian rocket hit an empty school where “volunteers” were hidden, the news was that Ukrainians wanted to kill children. Americans wanted to use the uprising as an excuse to start World War III.

(According to the BBC’s Russian service, the troll factory was linked to a video operation in Ukraine that produced gems like a supposed U.S. soldier shooting bullets into a Quran, clips that might enrage Russian Muslims in the Caucasus.)

After a few days, Bespalov realized what was going on and decided to “stay and get more information and make it public.”  He was later assigned to distribute links to fake news stories to social-media groups in different Russian cities. These stories were filled with clichés, such as “[Secretary of State] Clinton wants war with Russia” and nasty claims about President Barack Obama.

“I used to think this work was absolutely stupid work with no results,” Bespalov told me. But later he heard ordinary people using these clichés in their conversation “not just about Ukraine but about the USA.”

>> READ MORE: Report from Moscow: Not the Cold War, not WWIII: What to look for from Russia 

The trolling news operation backs Kremlin efforts to convince Russians that the United States wants to destroy their country. Similar messages are delivered by state-controlled TV.

Unfortunately, I was unable to learn what the American department of the troll factory is up to these days. Russian journalists say that, since 2016 it is much harder to find sources that have worked inside the troll factory. “They are scared and refuse to talk,” says Bespalov.

Only a handful of Russian news outlets still cover this story, which can put journalists at severe risk. After Vitaly Bespalov was interviewed by NBC late last year, the main state TV channel attacked him viciously, and his picture appeared on social media with false claims that he was a drug addict.

In the United States, on the other hand, we have plenty of information, overhyped, about Russian trolling. (Russian journalists I met uniformly expressed astonishment at any claims that the troll factory changed the outcome of the 2016 election.)

We know what happened in 2016, and should be fully able to take adequate precautions about any similar efforts. Forewarned about Russian trolling should be forearmed.

Published: April 26, 2018 — 3:01 AM EDT

| Updated: April 27, 2018 — 6:11 AM EDT

Russian troll factory hiring for new anti-U.S. operation; biggest danger is not to America | Trudy Rubin

The troll factory’s original purpose, starting in 2014, seems to have been to shape the thinking of ordinary Russian, by viciously attacking domestic opposition activists and fueling public hostility towards Ukraine – and towards the United States.

Source: Russian troll factory hiring for new anti-U.S. operation; biggest danger is not to America | Trudy Rubin

Now that its secret internet project has been exposed,  the  troll factory will apparently focus more on open information warfare. Kremlin propaganda mills masquerading as  news agencies will try to insert anti-American propaganda into U.S. – and Russian – media.

Given the rising tensions between Moscow and Washington, I think the domestic trolling operation holds more potential threat to America – than any (over-hyped) efforts to subvert U.S. democracy. It promotes Kremlin efforts to convince Russians that the United States wants to destroy their country and start WWIII (enhancing similar messages on state-controlled TV).