Only about 10 years too late of a warning. The global industrial poultry and hog market has exploded and so grows the potential for a new global pandemic our of greed and profit. A universal vaccine is desperately needed.
Pulling the plug on T.P.S. will tear apart families and communities and bring more uncertainty to El Salvador.
That’s because Farage is one of Putin’s puppets!
Prominent Brexit advocate Nigel Farage has claimed pro-leave sentiment is on the rise in the UK. Following a meeting in Brussels, he accused the European Union’s chief negotiator of failing to understand Brexit dynamics.
Pants on fire award!
Moscow – Thanks to Russia’s military intervention in the Syrian conflict, the “genocide” of Christians was stopped. And now, the Russian Orthodox Church will take on the task of supporting the reconstruction of Syrian churches, but also of mosques and historical monuments. This was stated by Kirill, Patriarch of Moscow and all the Russias, in the traditional television interview broadcast on Rossija channel 1 on Sunday 7 January, the day when Russian Orthodox Christians celebrated Christmas. In the interview, focusing on the condition and recent trials the Middle Eastern Christian communities have had to face, the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church also reproposed personal memories useful to account for the Russian approach regarding the Middle Eastern events of recent years. “In 2013”, said the Russian Patriarch, “the heads of local Orthodox Churches came to Moscow to celebrate the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Rus, and when they met Vladimir Putin, one of the strongest messages was the request that Russia should accept to take part in the protection of Christians in the Middle East. I am pleased”, Kirill added, “that this happened, and thanks to Russia’s intervention, the genocide of Christians was stopped”. The Head of the Russian Church confirmed the intention of the Patriarchate of Moscow to contribute to the humanitarian aid of Middle Eastern populations, and also to the reconstruction of “places of worship, monasteries, monuments, including Muslim monuments and historical monuments”. Kirill also reread in parallel the recent Syrian events and those related to the fall of the Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein, emphasizing their impact on the condition of local Christian communities. According to the Russian Patriarch, “already in 2014 it was clear that the conflicts started in Syria were caused by extremist groups that, once they had reached power, they would have eliminated the Christian presence in that Country. This is why Christians actively supported Assad and his government “bearing in mind that with him” the Country had a certain balance of power and, very importantly, people felt safe”. In Iraq, on the contrary, recent events have seen the drastic decline of the native Christian communities, rooted in those territories since apostolic times. “During the regime of Saddam Hussein”, said Patriarch Kirill in this regard “I visited Iraq, including the northern part of Iraq. I was in Mosul, I was visiting the ancient Christian monasteries: There I saw the devotion of the people, and they were all happy to see that Christian churches lived in safety in a Muslim environment… Now there is practically nothing: monasteries destroyed, temples blown up”.
via aleksey godin
1. From big US Climate Report of last year: Annual average temperature over United States increased by 1.2°F for the period 1986–2016 (very high confidence).
- Egypt to extend state of emergency for 3 months
- Former Egyptian prime minister Ahmed Shafik is no longer considering running for president in this year’s election
- Sudan recalls its ambassador from Egypt amid tensions
- Sisi attended Christmas mass at the new Nativity of Christ Cathedral in the new administrative capital
- Egypt garners 3 CAF titles, Mohamed Salah named best African play
- Two Copts are killed at Giza liquor shop
- Egypt to keep customs exchange rate at 16 pounds in January
- First Bashary tribe museum established in Shalateen city near border with Sudan
- Egypt to extend state of emergency for three months
- Egypt files murder charges against man held for Coptic church attack
- Two held in Egyptian anti-gay crackdown are freed on bail
- Egypt 2017 trade deficit falls 26% year on year
- Egyptian stocks values back to pre-devaluation levels
View original post 867 more words