Massive Oregon wildfire started by teen with fireworks, police say

Boys being boys can kill and destroy – at 15 and 70+

3000.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

A 15-year-old male is under investigation for causing a fire that has burned more than 30,000 acres as is still not under control

A fire burning over 30,000 acres in the Columbia River Gorge just outside Portland was started by a teenager setting off fireworks on a forest trail last Saturday, police say.

Oregon state police spokesman Bill Fugate said that the suspect under investigation by police was a 15-year old-male from Vancouver, Washington.

Continue reading…

AMERICA/UNITED STATES – Bishops on the end of DACA: “A decision that is reprehensible and heartbreaking”

primopiano_4552.jpg

Washington – The US Episcopal Conference quickly responded to the Trump administration’s decision to put an end to a program implemented under President Barack Obama which aimed at protecting the so-called young “dreamers” from expulsion, defining the move as “reprehensible” and “heartbreaking”.
The program called “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals – DACA” had created a temporary shield for nearly 800,000 undocumented youngsters and young adults who had come to the United States as a child and who, thanks to the DACA program, managed to complete higher education and work legally.
Responding to the decision to put an end to the program, the Bishops wrote: “Today, our nation has done the opposite of how Scripture calls us to respond. It is a step back from the progress that we need to make as a country”.
The statement was signed by Cardinal Daniel N. DiNardo of Galveston-Houston, USCCB president; Los Angeles Archbishop José H. Gómez, USCCB vice president; Bishop Joe S. Vásquez of Austin, Texas, chairman of the Committee on Migration; and Bishop Joseph J. Tyson of Yakima, Washington, chairman of the Subcommittee on Pastoral Care of Migrants, Refugees, and Travelers.
The Bishops said that the decision by the Trump administration announced by Attorney General Jeff Sessions is a “heartbreaking moment in our history that shows the absence of mercy and goodwill, and a short-sighted vision for the future”.

Opinion: The gray area in Myanmar′s Rohingya conflict | Opinion | DW | 06.09.2017

A lack of independent information about the conflict strengthens this sharply outlined narrative and is feeding into a global propaganda. Social media is flooded with horrific Rohingya images that aim to prove the crimes of Myanmar’s security forces. But many of these images are part of the fake news machinery.They have been taken from other conflicts and other violence-marred parts of the world for the sake of propaganda. On the other hand, Myanmar’s government headed by de facto leader Aung San Suu Kyi denies any wrongdoing and vows to deal with Islamist terrorists strictly. DW’s Rodion EbbighausenA complex situationPoliticians, rights groups and celebrities from all over the world are reacting to the crisis in Rakhine and are calling on the Myanmar government – mostly with noble intentions – to put an end to the violence. But some politicians such as Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak, Indonesian President Jokowi, Chechnya’s Ramzan Kadyrov and Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdogan are more concerned about their Muslim brotherhood agenda than the Rohingya misery. Thus, these leaders are promoting an oversimplified, stereotypical thinking about the conflict in Rakhine.

Source: Opinion: The gray area in Myanmar′s Rohingya conflict | Opinion | DW | 06.09.2017

Anti-left ′kill list′ kept by German lawyer and policeman | Germany | DW | 06.09.2017

The German Justice Ministry has confirmed that investigators found a folder containing the names, addresses and photos of “representatives of the left-wing political spectrum” which had been kept “for criminal purposes” duringlast week’s raids against suspected far-right terrorists in the northern state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.In an answer to an official information request filed by the socialist Left party, the Justice Ministry said an investigation for “preparation of a serious act of violence against the state” had been opened against two men on August 15. The investigation is understood to be a corollary of the case against Bundeswehr soldier Franco A., who had allegedly been planning to carry out a terrorist attack while posing as a Syrian refugee.

Source: Anti-left ′kill list′ kept by German lawyer and policeman | Germany | DW | 06.09.2017