Hillary Clinton’s aggregate truth rating on PolitiFact is 72% (this includes True, Mostly True, and Half True ratings). In spite of this, her Republican opponent Donald Trump has coined the nickname “Crooked Hillary,” a reflexive attack on her honesty. And his campaign even launched the website Lying Crooked Hillary this year, which accuses her of, “Spinning lies and weaving a tapestry of deceit that she hopes will cover the truth.” Donald Trump’s aggregate truth rating on PolitiFact is 30%. Thirty Percent.So how can he get away with calling her a liar?
It’s difficult revisiting those memories.
A friend who worked for the organization told me, “Write down what happened and circulate it.” I was active in the Coalition of Women for Peace back then. Sending the message I wrote after that dark, hollow night gave me a sense of liberation. Writing had empowered me.
The image of my mother and cousin rushing into that presentation hall has never left me. It’s like a nightmare that stays with me. I imagined myself the way they saw me, as if in a movie scene where they catch a woman committing prostitution or adultery. Whatever. Any woman is seen as a whore when society insists on perfection.
How the female among us is considered both sacred and inviolable. Heavens lay under her feet. As the holy hadith says, “Paradise waits beneath the feet of the mother.” Yet she herself is the burning coal of…
View original post 937 more words
What’s going on in Egypt? Read on!
- Egyptian police ‘investigated’ Giulio Regeni days before his murder
- Egypt names six provincial governors, mostly ex-generals
- A newly-established militant group published a video of footage from a an attack against a security checkpoint in Menoufiya governorate
- Court orders release of 5 activists accused of attempting to overthrow the state
- Egyptian lawmaker Elhamy Agina: Female genital mutilation needed because Egyptian men are sexually weak
- France warns that ISIS fighters could flee Libya to Tunisia and Egypt
- Sisi and Putin agree on sending Russian delegation to inspect Egyptian airports
- Egypt’s approval of value-added tax is credit positive: Moody’s
- Court to announce its decision on appeal against imprisonment of ex-top auditor Hisham Geneina in October
- Egyptian airlines saw 40.4% decrease in passenger traffic in 2015
- Suez Canal sees 2% decline of revenues in July
- Former army general is appointed as Egypt’s new minister…
View original post 702 more words