(not satire – it’s the UK press!)
UK tabloid journalists are (mostly) a bunch of scum.
And freelance journalist Sonia Poulton – who writes mainly for the Daily Mail and the Daily Express – is no exception.
Poulton and her partner Lee Ryan, along with a handful of her colleagues, have been threatening me with libel and even threats of violence since I wrote these blogposts nearly two years ago:
These threats have mostly been just water off a duck’s back to me.
View original post 379 more words
- Fresh statement claims Ansar Bayt Al-Maqdis has pledged allegiance to the Islamic State
- Parliamentary elections to be held in the first quarter of 2015
- Egypt considers tighter curbs on media coverage of the military
- Government ultimatum for NGOs to register under ‘restrictive’ expires Monday
- Egypt’s Salafist Front to protest on 28 November to “impose Islamic identity”
- Journalists Syndicate lambasts new Chamber of Private Press
- AFTE report documents 184 violations against foreign journalists working in Egypt
- Largest US business delegation ever visits Egypt
- No assassination attempt on El-Sisi: Egypt’s presidency
- US to ‘assess’ Egyptian militant group’s links to IS
- Egypt warns Salafists over planned protests
- French, Egyptian journalists held in café for discussing politics
- Egypt pull out of world champs in protest against Qatar
- Cairo Airport unionist investigated for Facebook pages
- Egypt’s former antiquities minister Hawass faces fresh corruption charges
- ‘Terror’ attack on Egypt naval…
View original post 582 more words
In response to Friday’s vote in the U.S. House of Representatives to authorize the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline, the Rosebud Sioux Tribal president announced that the Rosebud Sioux Tribe (Sicangu Lakota Oyate) recognizes the authorization of the this pipeline as an
“act of war.”
The Tribe has done its part to remain peaceful in its dealing with the United States in this matter, in spite of the fact that the Rosebud Sioux Tribe has yet to be properly consulted on the project, which would cross through tribal land, and the concerns brought to the Department of Interior and to the Department of State have yet to be addressed.
“THE HOUSE HAS NOW SIGNED OUR DEATH WARRANTS AND THE DEATH WARRANTS OF OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN. THE ROSEBUD SIOUX TRIBE WILL NOT ALLOW THIS PIPELINE THROUGH OUR LANDS,” SAID PRESIDENT CYRIL SCOTT OF THE ROSEBUD SIOUX TRIBE.
“We are outraged at the lack of intergovernmental cooperation. We are a sovereign nation and we are not being treated as such. We will close our reservation borders to Keystone XL. Authorizing Keystone XL is an act of war against our people.”
Being Brown can be lethal with LASC on the loose. They might be able to justify one but not the other. Will unfortunately be forgotten too soon.
Two men were shot and killed by Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies early Sunday morning when authorities say one of the suspects exited their vehicle carrying what appeared to be a handgun. However, family members say it was all a tragic misunderstanding.