Egypt has lost one of its best bloggers, and democracy activists, Bassem Sabry. He was mourned by many across the globe.
- Al-Monitormourns Bassem Sabry
- Egyptian blogger Bassem Sabry dies.
- Egyptian blogger Bassem Sabry: Ahram Online highlights
- Tributes to Bassem Sabry, the writer who “believed in a better Egypt”
- Bassem Sabry, a voice of Egypt’s 2011 revolution, dies in accident
- TIMEP announces new fellowship program in memory of Bassem Sabry
Few thoughts about my friend Bassem
I still feel numb. I have struggled to write since the tragic passing of Bassem Sabry. I kept reading one tribute after another; all were poignant, accurately describing the wonderful human being Bassem was ___ all made me more tearful and more numb.
Tragic, sudden death is no stranger to me. As a child, my father passed away suddenly, and I had to endure my mother wearing mourning garments for seven successive years…
View original post 755 more words