Forgive him sure and then show him the door, he does not have the courage to leave through.
McAllister’s statement in response to the video, according to the Monroe News-Star:
There’s no doubt I’ve fallen short and I’m asking for forgiveness. I’m asking for forgiveness from God, my wife, my kids, my staff and my constituents who elected me to serve. Trust is something I know has to be earned whether you’re a husband, a father or a congressman. I promise to do everything I can to earn back the trust of everyone I’ve disappointed. From day one, I’ve always tried to be an honest man. I ran for Congress to make a difference and not just be another politician.
I don’t want to make a political statement on this, I would just simply like to say that I’m very sorry for what I’ve done. While I realize I serve the public, I would appreciate the privacy given to my children as we get through this.”
via Christian Values Congressman Vance McAllister Was Caught on Video Kissing a Staffer – The Wire.
While rarely fatal, the CDC describes the symptoms of infection as lasting a few days to a few weeks, producing `debilitating illness, most often characterized by fever, headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, muscle pain, rash, and joint pain’, although some may experience `incapacitating joint pain, or arthritis which may last for weeks or months.’
via Avian Flu Diary: Study: Chikungunya’s Growing Threat To The Americas.
1) France commanded some branches of the Rwandan army against the rebels of the Rwandan Patriotic Front (RPF).
2) France feared that the Tutsi offensive was remotely piloted via Uganda by anglophone countries and was intended to drive a wedge into the influence of France in the region.
3) France did not seem overly interested in peace negotiations before the conflict.
4) The soldiers did not evacuate any of the Tutsi staff present at the Embassy of France (except for one person). They ended all being killed.
5) As for Operation Turquoise, it continues to divide: it certainly saved Tutsi lives, but the army is accused of having remained passive – and therefore was accomplice – to the atrocities.
via Why Rwanda Accuses France of Aiding 1994 Genocide · Global Voices.
A trio of Spanish design students have created “Ooho,” a gelatinous membrane that encapsulates water. Users can simply puncture the membrane to drink, or they can also pop the entire blob in their mouth and chomp down for a burst of hydration.
via Ooho: The Edible Water Bottle.