- Judicial advisory body recommends dissolution of Egypt’s Brotherhood
- Egyptian authorties charges Morsi with inciting murder
- Islamists plan rallies on Tuesday marking two months since the overthrow of Morsi
- Sisi meets with UAE Crown Prince
- Giza police station hit with explosion
- Constituent Assembly make-up draws Mixed reactions
- Egypt says prepared to repay Qatari loan in days if necessary
- Police state not coming back, says Egypt’s interim president
- Military court sentences 11 to life for Suez clashes
- Egypt’s constitution committee is balanced: April 6
- Egypt condemns a raid by Hamas on an Egyptian cultural center in Gaza –
- Hamas says Egyptian military building buffer zone with Gaza
- Hamas dismisses talk of strike by Egypt against Gaza
View original post 1,289 more words
It was December 2010, slightly after Christmas, that I went to Maaloula as part of a two day stay in pre-war Syria.
The village was nestled up the mountains some 30 minutes away from Damascus. I had no idea what to expect there, other than some difference from the souks and mosques that their country’s capital had to offer. I should have known that Maaloula would be drastically different – the driver had been talking a language I wasn’t understanding all the way. It was Aramaic.
Once upon a time, the Maaloula I visited was a calm village, part of a calmer and oppressed country. The people there seemed poor. They also seemed especially devout, asking us to take off our shoes as we visited Christian shrines for saints that Christians in Lebanon worshipped. The town’s houses were tightly packed together, haphazardly built, in a way that climbed up the…
View original post 766 more words
If you are currently boycotting Florida’s economy by not purchasing their products and services in any state, you’re doing a lot. You are standing up for the principle and the injustice of the genocide of our young men. This country only understands one language, not English, MONEY!! Corporations run this country, especially since Citizen’s United Supreme Court decision gave them the same status as people and they can donate all the money they want to candidates. Not sure what products are Florida based?Click here. Do it in any state.
SO VOTING ALONE DOESN’T HELP! EVERY CANDIDATE IS INDEBTED TO SOME CORPORATION OR OTHER. The biggest influence you can have in politics, right now is the much celebrated “non violent civil disobedience” of Dr.King. Hit them where it hurts, in the pockets, then you will see change. Just like back then, it holds true today.
You can not…
View original post 403 more words
What can we be doing to bring an end to such violence?