An 8-year-old girl was wounded after someone inside her Stockton, Calif., home fired a sawed-off shotgun belonging to her mother, who was arrested Thursday night. A 9-year-old girl was wounded after her 5-year-old brother picked up a .22-caliber rifle and accidentally shot her in the chest in Oakdale, Minn., Friday night. A 13-year-old boy is on life support after being shot by a friend in Wickenburg, Ariz., Friday night; his father had left the gun with the kids while he went shopping.
A 14-year-old boy was shot in the head and critically wounded by a homeowner who mistook him for an intruder in the Marigny neighborhood of New Orleans La.
Following approval of a protocol in Australia, Fresh Produce Group have secured the rights to import stone fruit from California for the first time ever.This will be the first time shoppers in Australia will be able to buy peaches and nectarines in the winter period when they are out of season locally and can’t be grown.The approval couldn’t have come at a better time for Australian consumers with the fruit from California being in peak season with exceptional eating quality and appearance.
(Pro-Military July 26 demonstrations, via Egypt independent)
- Pro and anti-Mursi protesters clash near Cairo’s Tahrir square
- Family of Egypt’s Morsi threatens legal action over army ‘abduction’
- Egypt interim president addresses nation for July23 anniversary
- Bloody Sunday night in Sinai
- MB’s al-Erian calls on Egyptians to besiege the U.S. Embassy (video)
- Egypt’s president hails ex-military presidents on the anniversary of 1952 revolution
- Third Field Army warns Palestinians and Syrians against interfering in Egypt’s internal affairs
- Egyptian prosecution detains 22 Morsi supporters over Tahrir square clashes
- Scuffles at pro-Morsi protest leave 22 injured – field hospital
- Israel beefs up rocket defenses on border with Egypt
- Interior Ministry: Pro-Morsi protesters were not peaceful
- Head of Al-Azhar meets Nour Party figures
- EU emphasises 5 steps for Egypt to attain democracy
- Activist Ahmad Douma attacked by Brotherhood’s supporters
- Bomb at Mansoura police station kills one, injures 17
View original post 1,214 more words
Well all this rain has been great but many of us have also experienced hail damage over the last few weeks. I escaped the hail storms in my vegetable gardens until last Friday. I was out-of-town at the time (which was a blessing as I would have been super upset). My house sitter called and told me (before I came home) that it was hit pretty hard. I came home 5 days later and this is what I found. The chard, zucchini, beans, cucumbers and a few tomatoes got hammered so hard they were skeletonized. But most of my tomato plants were covered with row cover (to protect them from the dreaded leafhopper) and they were fine. Four tomato plants that I didn’t cover also got severely beat up. The eggplants that were covered with row cover were fine but the grapes got severe bruises on the fruit and the…
View original post 218 more words